[Logo] PROIV Forums - PROIV discussion
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to home page 
[Register] Register / 
[Login] Login 
How do I find the port number to which the Control Panel is listening?  XML
Forum Index » Version 6 & 7
Owen Ivory

[Avatar]

I installed PROIV on my Linux machine, and I didn't write down the port numbers which the different products will be listening to...

Do I need to uninstall PROIV, and reinstall PROIV (this time writing down the answers I give) in order to find the port numbers where I can connect to the control panel?

No.

You can find the port number where the control panel is listening by investigating the files on the system.

<prompt>% grep jetty.port <installation_dir>/control_panel/conf/jetty.xml

That should result in something like:

jetty.xml:<SystemProperty name="jetty.port" default="45845"/>

So the port number is 45845. So from that machine you can run the browser, and type in the URL http://localhost:45845/ and it should open up the control panel.

If it does not, you are still not sunk. It is possible that the control panel is not running. To make sure the control panel daemon is running, cd to <installation_dir>/control_panel/bin and execute the controlPanel script. In order to stop a running controlPanel use the parameter stop, and to start it use the parameter start.

Once the Control Panel daemon is running, and you don't have a firewall blocking that port, you should be able to connect to the control panel.

You can use the same technique to find any of other ports for the License Server, Open Client or Gateway. Alternatively you could interrogate the Control Panel to find out what the ports are. From the Control Panel, there is a PROIV Control Panel Configuration option. Opening that branch of the tree will offer you a Modify Component selection. Choose that selection and you will be shown the existing setup in the main control panel frame.

PROIV Active Web host.northgate-is.com 45839
PROIV Client Administration host.northgate-is.com 8081
PROIV Gateway host.northgate-is.com 45843
PROIV Statistics host.northgate-is.com 45842
PROIV Virtual Machine host.northgate-is.com 45846
PROIV Web Services host.northgate-is.com 45841
PROIV Licence Server host.northgate-is.com 45837
PROIV Open Client host.northgate-is.com 45847

PROIV Support
949 - 748 -7309
[WWW]

Forum Index » Version 6 & 7